This is the human-readable summary of the full Xojo® license. It's meant to give you the gist of what you are agreeing to when using Xojo. You should read the full legal license agreement for complete clarity.
You are free to:
- Install Xojo on as many computers as you like.
- Use it free-of-charge to learn programming and/or develop software.
- Install Xojo Desktop, Web, Console and iOS Build license keys you purchase on up to two computers. Xojo Pro license keys may be installed on 3 computers. Xojo Single-Platform Desktop and Raspberry Pi license keys may be installed on only 1 computer.
With the understanding that:
- A Xojo License Key is required to build a stand-alone desktop, web, console or iOS application.
- A Xojo License Key is required to save a project in Text or XML formats.
- You will be the only user of your Xojo License Key(s).
- You will not share your Xojo License Key(s) or use someone else's key(s).
- Licenses purchased directly from Xojo, Inc. are covered by a 90-day money back guarantee.
- If tax must be paid for purchasing your Xojo License Key(s) and we didn't collect it, you are responsible for paying it.
- The Xojo IDE will validate your Xojo License Key(s) (should you have any installed) via the Internet.
- The Xojo IDE will transmit your computer name and computer user name to its servers via the Internet.
- You won't ask others to build apps from your projects to avoid purchasing a Xojo License Key(s).
- You won't build apps from the projects of others so that they can avoid purchasing a Xojo License Key(s).
- You won't create a derivative of the Xojo IDE, frameworks or compiler.
- If you are creating a development tool, you will include the "Made with Xojo" logo.
- We have intentionally kept this agreement simple enough for anyone to quickly read and understand. If you violate the spirit of it (without even violating the legal word of it), we will be forced to replace it with something that is so long, boring, tedious and understandable to only the best of legal professionals that no one will want to read it. So, don't do that.
- We (the employees of Xojo, Inc.) provide for ourselves and our families from the sale of Xojo licenses. If you circumvent our licensing, you are taking food from the mouths of our families and are reducing our ability to continue to make Xojo better for you. So, don't do that.
FULL LEGAL XOJO LICENSE AGREEMENT:
Xojo Inc., of Austin, Texas is the owner, developer and sole copyright holder of this product, which is licensed -not sold- to you on a non-exclusive basis.
By using Xojo, you are agreeing to be bound to all the terms of this license agreement.
The Xojo IDE can be used free-of-charge to create projects of any kind and run them from the IDE. However, to distribute or deploy a stand-alone, compiled version of a project requires the purchase and installation of a Xojo Build License key. The type of key required is based on the type of project you are building. Desktop projects require a Desktop build key. Web projects require a Web Build Key and iOS projects requires an iOS Build key. Console projects require a Console build key.
In order to save a project in Text or XML format, you must have installed a valid Xojo Build License key for the type of project you wish to save.
If your application uses the Xojo Database API to access a database server, a Database Servers License Key will also be required.
You are entitled to install your Xojo Desktop, Web, Console and iOS license key(s) on up to two computers, Xojo Pro license keys may be installed on three computers; Xojo Single-Platform Desktop and Raspberry Pi license keys may be installed on only one computer, but you agree that you will be the only user of the installed key(s).
You agree not to share your Xojo license key(s) with anyone.
You agree to only use the license key(s) provided directly to you by Xojo, Inc. or its licensed partners and affiliates.
You may transfer your Xojo license key(s) to another person only after receiving written authorization from Xojo, Inc. and only if the recipient agrees to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
You agree to allow the Xojo IDE to securely transmit information required to validate your license key(s).
You agree to allow the Xojo IDE to securely transmit your computer's name and your computer user name so that you can identify, via your account on xojo.com, where your license keys are installed.
You agree that you won't ask others to build apps from your projects when you have not purchased the appropriate Xojo License Key(s). You also agree not to build apps from the projects of others so that they may avoid purchasing a Xojo License Key(s).
You agree not to create an application that, as its primary purpose, provides your application's end user with access to XojoScript and/or the ability to directly (or indirectly through a simple wrapper) call functions in the Xojo framework. Such software creation is strictly prohibited and would therefore be a violation of this End User License Agreement. If you have any doubts, contact Xojo, Inc.
You agree that if you and/or Xojo, Inc., believe that any applications you create with the Xojo IDE are designed to aid in the development of software using a language other than Xojo, said applications must include a "Made with Xojo" logo in the application's about box and splash screen and must adhere to the rules that govern the use of said logo. Contact Xojo, Inc. to obtain the logos and usage guidelines.
You agree not to decompile, reverse engineer or modify any part of the Xojo IDE or the Xojo Framework.
Xojo, Inc. reserves the right to cancel the license key(s) of any user who Xojo, Inc. determines is in violation of this agreement.
If you purchased your license key(s) directly from Xojo, Inc. it is covered by a 90-day money back guarantee.
If your local government requires payment of sales, use, VAT or any other kind of tax as a result of the purchase of your Xojo License Key(s), unless we collected that tax at the time of the purchase, you are responsible for paying that tax.
THE WARRANTIES IN THIS AGREEMENT REPLACE ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND XOJO, INC. DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES. IN NO EVENT WILL XOJO, INC. BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, EVEN IF WE HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE POTENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE.
If you are located in the United States this agreement is subject to the laws of the state of Texas. If you are located outside the United States local law may apply. Some states do not allow the exclusion of warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
You agree that you will not export or re-export any part of the Xojo to any country, person, entity or end user subject to U.S.A. export restrictions.