What Our Customers Are Saying About Xojo!
Here are comments from users who have told us how much they love Xojo. Send us your story and we'll post it here.
Dr. Bill Snaith said:
- It is an intelligent, open, friendly experience. It makes writing apps very straight forward. It helps you learn, and provides an easy test facility of your app.
David Brooks said:
- I have found that I can do just about anything with Xojo. I'm an amateur, yet I have been able to write some really complex stuff. I'm a real fan, and I HAVE already successfully encouraged others to use it.
Jim Ginn said:
- I've made many apps in the past with Xojo, but it opened up iOS to me in a familiar way as I struggled with xcode and still do. It is so easy to develop for the Mac, iOS, Linux, and if you have to, Windows. One IDE, killer.
Sascha Schneppmueller said:
- Because the Language is VERY easy to learn, the IDE is superb and if one is in trouble the official Xojo Forum has always an answer.
Tim Dietrich said:
- With Xojo, licensing doesn’t feel greedy at all. In fact, it feels almost generous. I’ve referred to Xojo as “developer-friendly,” and I truly feel that way.
Rich Hatfield said:
- Today I decided to move over a home monitoring project to a Raspberry Pi for the first time. My experience thus far: I think I spent more time deciding on what host name I should give the Raspberry Pi than what it meant to compile my application for the Raspberry Pi. Without changing one line of code, the app fired up with no problem :) Thank you again Xojo team for allowing me to expand to areas I never thought I would go in.
Mark Carlton said:
- I too had a complicated serial based project that I just compiled for raspberry and it worked immediately!
Tim Dietrich said:
- Xojo is quickly becoming a Swiss Army knife of sorts for me. It’s amazing that with one development tool, I can do so much. Being able to go from concept to something that is production-ready, secure, and scalable in no time at all it a testament to Xojo’s "rapid application development" capabilities.
Al Anderson said:
- Xojo has really made my job so much easier and enjoyable. I look forward to the days that my schedule is clear and I can open up the Xojo IDE, get into the zone and just start creating.
Wayne Golding said:
- I was recently contracting to a company that predominantly used MS C# with .NET. I used Xojo and worked on a single project with two applications. One was a Windows Service to build emails to a select group of recipients from a MS SQL database and send via SendGrid. These emails needed a HTML body which included a promotional flyer, a link to the HTML flyer and a PDF attachment of that flyer. I found the development time was vastly reduced due to Xojo’s debug technology. To debug a Windows Service in .NET there are nine steps, to debug a Xojo built Windows Service there are 2-3 but you can actually debug 90% of your code just by clicking the run button – the other 10% is to test permissions. The second project was to allow the franchisees to build their own emails/promotional flyers with a web application. I was able to very quickly build a Web UI in Xojo that included drag ‘n drop to build a flyer from products selected from the inventory. This project took days rather than the months predicted by my client and my client’s client was very impressed with the speed of development. My only assumption can be that Xojo is a superior Windows development tool than Visual Studio for rapidly delivering a solution.
Gordon Smith said:
- Xojo means a lot to me and is part of my life, it's like a best friend! Thank you for providing a service second to none and for a wonderful product. Xojo is the professional development software that is an absolute pleasure to use!
Marco Cagnasso said:
- After writing 20 applications in Xojo, I can say this platform is magnificent and allows you to build important applications with simplicity.
John Joyce said:
- The thing that I love most about Xojo is that it is so fast and so easy to go from idea to working application. Not only that, but that I can use the same fast, easy language and IDE to develop for so many different target platforms. Plus, the language has so many features there is rarely anything I need that isn't already built in. But when it isn't, someone out there has usually already tackled the problem and either put the solution out there or they make and sell a product to take care of it. Xojo is my go-to problem solving tool. In years of using it professionally, I have not yet run into a problem that couldn't be solved with it.
Jeff Tullin said:
- I needed to expand into Mac development after many years under Windows with VB. Xojo gave me a familiar working environment, without which I may never have released my Mac applications. I've looked at the alternatives, and they don't come close for ease of use and support! I rely on Xojo for my business, and I'm very pleased with it.
Mark Strickland (SimplyBASICSoftware) said:
- I use Xojo because it is has broad capability for lots of platforms and just about any feature you might need. Recently I have been doing lots of web app development and in particular I like how you can approach the design similar to a desktop app without having to be an AJAX guru. Xojo is always evolving and is a "living breathing" product. The support from the company is good but the community support is very deep and always anxious to help.
Gregory Crout (Bollingen Software, LLC.) said:
- Thanks for making great software [that makes software]!
Kohan Ikin (namesuppressed) said:
- Xojo helped me build a prototype of a Mac app I wanted to make in a single week!
Mark Oxley said:
- I have been programming for many years with a wide range of languages, but I always come back to Xojo for my own projects. The speed in which I can create applications, not only for OS X, but also Windows, Linux and now iOS, is unparalleled.
Tom Iwaniec said:
- The best part of Studiometry Cloud is that it is all written in Xojo, so we can easily share code between all of the different targets, saving us time and money in development.
Alex von Siebenthal said:
- Xojo strikes the perfect balance between flexibility and structure. It keeps me from all those tedious things and boosts my productivity of development. The community, as well as the documentation, are outstandingly helpful.
Ulrich Bogun said:
- Since I’ve been working professionally with a Mac, I wanted to write my own software for it. Trying to upgrade my computer science classes’ knowledge with OOP and Objective C simultaneously never worked. With Xojo, it was easy to grasp OOP, and learning declares brought me to a point where I can understand ObjC and Swift too. But I never felt tempted to use them. Why should I make (programming) life more complicated?
Brian Franco said:
- I use Xojo for personal use and to build applications for my friends and place of employment. I have been using Xojo for 10 years now and during that time Xojo has helped me learn and improve my programming skills. I have always enjoyed working with Xojo for its human readable but powerful syntax and helpful local debugger and remote debugger. Using Xojo helps me build cross-platform desktop and web applications and soon I hope to use it with the Raspberry Pi. The Xojo community is the most positive and helpful experience anyone will encounter.
Jaap Cammeraat said:
- In my early years of programming my boss convinced me of KIS - Keep It Simple. Years later, after starting my own company, I remembered his advice by choosing Xojo and did not regret it for a second. Xojo is a synonym for an easy and rapid way of making a beautiful Mac/iOS Apps.
Javier Menendez said:
- I’ve been developing with Xojo since 1998 and though I know how to program in other languages, I always prefer Xojo over all of them because it is a truly friendly, fast and native multi-platform environment.
Xojo’s OOP language is very easy to grasp for beginners, powerful for seasoned and skilled developers, and par with any other modern programming language. The Xojo Framework is just amazing! It is possible to implement complex features in a matter of minutes, even in many cases it's just a matter of adapting the examples included with the superb documentation. There is a terrific community and forums of users eager to help!
Louis Batayte said:
- When I retired, I searched for a development environment I could use on my personal Macs. Xojo is the best programming environment I am aware of. You build source on one computer and compile binaries for Mac’s, PC’s, Linux, Web Apps, iOS, and now the Raspberry Pi. Xojo continues to evolve to keep pace with modern advancements and should be on the forefront of software development environments for many years to come. I LOVE it!!!!
Jacob Woodward said:
- I love Xojo because it makes me feel like I could learn how to program something. It's a step from nothing into something.
Gavin Smith (LibertyApp Ltd.) said:
- With Xojo in our armory, LibertyApp Ltd doesn't feel like a small company. It's our secret weapon.
Terry Eutsler (Softbase Development, Inc.) said:
- Xojo allows us to produce an enterprise level business application with minimal staff, yet with maximum modern functionality. Both the level of Xojo support and the incredible community support are off the charts. This has allowed us to remove ourselves from the Microsoft “death grip”. Thank you Xojo for producing such an incredible opportunity for us!
Fred Roller (F.W.Roller & Associates LLC) said:
- Xojo makes cross-platform software development easy and affordable. Compiling 32-bit and 64-bit Apps for Windows, OS X and Linux with just one set of source code is fantastic. As if that wasn’t enough, the ability to produce products for the Raspberry Pi and create Web Apps are like two “One more thing . . .” gifts. Choosing Xojo was our best software development decision!
Dale Arends said:
- 1. I get results quickly and it's easy to debug the results until I get it right.
2. It's easier to deal with than Fortran and less wordy than COBOL.
3. It's fun.
Hal Gumbert (Camp Software) said:
- We LOVE Xojo and have been using it since 1998 for many reasons. While we could use complex tools to develop software, we use Xojo for its ease and reuse of code at a fantastic price. If that’s not enough, the community and especially the Xojo team go way out of their way to be of helpful.
Bob Keeney (BKeeney Software) said:
- Xojo allows us to create rich and vibrant applications for our worldwide clients. Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux desktop apps, web apps, mobile apps for iOS and now Raspberry Pi can all be developed and built using the same rapid application development language and IDE. All those solutions in one product is incredible!
Kem Tekinay (MacTechnologies Consulting) said:
- I've used many languages over the years, but Xojo has made me more productive than any of them. I can finally think purely about my code and layouts without having to fret about arcane syntax or the specific needs of the underlying system. And their support, including direct access to the engineers and even the president of the company, is unmatched.
Erik Fohlin (Moodifier Limited) said:
- Running a company as both a developer and CEO, I was very happy to see that Xojo now lets us compile for the Raspberry Pi 2. This has finally made it financially defendable for us to make the move to the Raspberry Pi platform since we can re-use all our current code and also use the resulting software on all other platforms (OS X, Win, x86 Linux) as well.
Tim Jones (TOLIS Group) said:
- The time from project inception to finished design is much shorter than previously witnessed in Python and Tkinter. Also, maintenance of a finished project is much more sane with Xojo than with other development environments. Its ease of development has allowed us to create a user interface for a normally complex task that makes archival of multi-million dollar film properties as easy as drag, drop and click.
Sascha Schneppmüller (Schneppi Software) said:
- Xojo makes iOS development as easy as programming for the other platforms!
Amando Blasco said:
- I learned to program with Xojo after trying tons of other languages. I was working at Adobe at the time and learned Xojo in my spare time, as Java was a nightmare to deploy and I wanted to avoid the high FileMaker costs. After more than 10 years of using Xojo, it has been worth every second I’ve spent with it - it's an awesome OOP language, really powerful and still maintains it ease of use.
Daniele Murabito (Worksdem) said:
- I appreciated the easy learning curve from the start, because the syntax was very similar to Visual Basic, which I already felt comfortable with. After few days I started developing my first management app with Xojo. Thanks to Xojo, my development time is halved!
Brad Hutchings (Frontbase, Inc.) said:
- Xojo lets me bring my ideas to life quickly, cross-platform, and with professional looking results.
Jack Damm (Dimensional Software) said:
- At this point I have completely eliminated my use of Microsoft's Visual Basic language, thanks to Xojo. And it is really wonderful now, I only have to maintain one set of source code to deploy my app on both Windows and Macintosh desktops. Super!
Bob Gross (Dartmouth College) said:
- Xojo's ease of use and object oriented approach has encouraged me to expand my initial analysis to more complex ones that have yielded new insights into the systems we are studying.
Tony Rice (Bestellen Software, LLC) said:
- My knowledge of other programming languages has allowed me easily to adapt to Xojo.
Ken Schellenberg (AntiGravity Research Corp.) said:
- Because of Xojo I am having many new software product development ideas that I wouldn't even have considered before and I've discovered so many new capabilities in Xojo that I had never even dreamed of. It's made re-writing the online store portion of my website a very exciting project.
Richard Hillsdon (EuroSolve) said:
- The apps built with Xojo can be deployed so easily as they don't require huge frameworks, setups or pre-requisites so they don't require any 'installation,' just copy and run. This is a HUGE time saver!
Chris Isaacson (Numinus LLC) said:
- Because your development environment is a solution to me rather than a problem, I would encourage anyone interested in computer science and programming to start with Xojo.
Tony Barry (Westmead Research Services) said:
- I will continue to recommend Xojo. I have not found a better tool to code in, and I have not found a better user community. These two strengths make continuing with the tool to be an automatic decision.
Anthony Papillion said:
- I'm a huge fan of Xojo and have been using it in my day-to-day development for almost a year and a half now. As an open source developer who didn't want to put up with the hassles of C++ or Java, Xojo has allowed me to be immediately productive without jumping through all the hoops the other languages make me jump through.
Brock Nash (BNG Holdings) said:
- Everything about Xojo excites me as a programmer. I can't wait to see what the future holds and it would be a no-brainer to recommend the software to someone else. In fact I have before!
Jason Adams (Tribis Engineering) said:
- I must say I've been impressed. Xojo, Inc. is a remarkable, active company, with a team of incredibly gifted and innovative people, and Xojo is a direct reflection of this.
Kaywan Mansubi said:
- Thank you for creating a time-saving tool that makes innovation in computer technology possible from a variety of backgrounds.
Chuck Weger (RoboCatalog, Inc.) said:
- In my experience with a number of different development tools, Xojo is the easiest way to produce good-looking, reliable, fast GUI apps on both OS X and Windows.
Terence Blyth said:
- In today's software development market our customers want every thing done now and for a low cost. Xojo helps us create software solutions in a shorter timeframe so we can keep our profit margins up.
Dr. Albert M. Bradley (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution) said:
- The world is divided into programmers and people who have something real to do. Xojo allows us to get a job done without devoting half our lives to the software gods!
Nick A. said:
- I really like programming with Xojo. I think it is the best all-in-one programming tool that just works and is much more straight forward to use than other development environments, like Xcode.
Tony Barry (Westmead Research Services) said:
- I am having a blast with Xojo Cloud. So much easier than deploying to my VPS. I also really like the emphasis on security. This is a huge plus point for me. I am not hosting anything financial or sensitive, but the fact remains that security of web based software is a really big issue that is all too frequently just ignored.
Richard Hillson said:
- Over Christmas I was able to write a quick app to utilize our Barcode readers to produce a quick workable stock control for our business in under 6 hours! There is just nothing else that would get me from zero to app which is now used daily that quick.
Hamish Steiner said:
- Thanks for a great product and support. I probably don't need the pro, but its nice being able to have it on 3 machines , and I'm happy to support you guys, its a great product. For me the small easily distributable files are the key, I was using python and its such a pain to package and distribute.
Tony Barry said:
- Good product. Makes life easier. Saves me from C++, hair loss, and severe grumpiness.
Jon Lamrouex said:
- Great product! I have more tools to build with and am more productive with Xojo than with any other development tool I have used.
Eric Gibbon said:
- For me, the most obvious reason to use Xojo is cross-platform development, but the reason I LOVE Xojo is that it uses an easy-to-write and easy-to-read core language.
Phillip Zedalis said:
- Xojo iOS is the best way to build mobile apps.
Michel Bujardet said:
- Xojo iOS offers the same ease of use as developing today on the Desktop and Web. It’s your passport for a market 5 times larger than Mac OS X. Now I can port my popular OS X apps to the iPad!
Hal Gumbert said:
- We can make apps faster than the App Store can review them with Xojo. We designed our next app on paper today. Planning our second iOS app. Going to use Xojo again with out even thinking about it. First app was reasonably easy to build and submit.
Wayne Golding said:
- As a Windows developer of too many years (and mostly in the service space) iOS has been a bit of a challenge for me. However Xojo has made the transition relatively easy (after I got my head around the views & pushto’s etc.) I’ve learnt a lot from the process and am now able to offer an iOS product to my clients.